Fall treats-Bake Sale Goodies

Friday, October 12, 2012


I live for a Bake Sale and always get so excited when it's that time at my daughter's preschool!  Now a Bake Sale is a great exuse for me to bake and sample the yummiest of holiday treats!  I don't often bake so it's a fun time!!!  It's not that I'm not a good baker it's just that I don't trust myself around treats!  Needless to say I need a couple extra workouts to help offset the major sweets I put away!  

What I decided to whip up...

Mini Apple Pies


You will need:

1/2 C sugar
2 t cinnamon
1 pkg refridgerated pie crust
3 T melted butter
2 medium tart apples, each cut into 8 wedges (  I used green apples)


In a small bowl, combine the sugar and cinnamon, set aside 1 T. On a lightly floured surface, unroll the pastry.  Brush the 2 T melted butter, sprinkle with remaining sugar mixture.

Cut each sheet into 8 inch stripes, about 8 inches long.  Wrap one strip around each apple wedge, placing the sugared side of pastry against apple.

Place on parchment paper lined baking sheet.  Brush tops with melted butter and sprinkle with sugar mixture.  Bake at 425 for 13-15 minutes or until pastry is golden brown.  Serve warm.  Makes 16

If you decide to make these little nuggets for yourself you can freeze them and reheat and eat with icecream for a decadent treat! Delish!




Pumpkin Poppers

You will need:
1 3/4 C all purpose flour
2 t baking powder
1/2 t salt
1/2 t cinnamon
1/2 t nutmeg
1/2 t allspice
1/8 t ground cloves
1/3 C vegetable oil
1/2 C brown sugar
1 egg
1 t vanilla extract
3/4 C pumpkin (fresh or canned, but not pumpkin pie filling)
1/2 C low fat milk

For frosting:
1 stick of unsalted butter
2/3 c granulated sugar
2 T cinnamon

To make:
Preheat oven to 350 and spray your muffin pan with nonstick spray.  Combine all the dry ingredients in own bowl and whisk until combined.  In another bowl, mix together the remaining ingredients (oil, brown sugar, egg, vanilla, pumpkin and milk). Pour the dry ingredients into the wet and mix until just combined ( don't over mix)
Fill muffin tins until almost full.  Bake for 10-12 minutes.
While poppers are baking, melt butter.  In a small bowl combine your sugar and cinnamon.  Let the poppers cool.  roll them around in the butter and then roll them into the sugar and cinnamon mixture!

These were the big hit with everyone!  I'm not even a big pumpkin fan and I was in love with them!




I'm proud to say that these beauties were the first to sell out and I am busy making recipe cards for all the teachers!  I'm a happy mama!  

No comments: