Veggie Scramble

Tuesday, October 16, 2012

I've become the self proclaimed Veggie Scramble queen in the Geoffroy household and this came upon because my omelet skills have never been impeccible!  Okay, they suck!   The omelet would turn into a scramble when I couldn't get the right technique on it!  Happy accident!



I like to use any and all veggies I have on hand.  I like to keep it colorful and packed full of yummy things.

My fave ingredients:

Asparagus
Spinach
Cherry tomatoes
Onion (red or yellow)
Olives
Mushrooms
Bell peppers

How to make my most favorite scramble:

I start by heating up a little olive oil in a skillet.  Add in some chopped onions, chopped asparagus and saute until the onions are translucent.  Pop in the cherry tomatoes and olives.  Throw in a handful of spinach leaves and cook down.   While the veggies are cooking, crack two eggs into a bow and add in some low fat milk.  Season with salt and pepper and whisk egg mixture together.  Pour eggs into veggies and scramble all ingredients together.  I top with freshly grated Parmesan!  Heaven!!!!!

No comments: